Training canceled: – The Olympics’ first major scandal
Today’s training for Kjetil Jansrud, Aleksander Aamodt Kilde, Adrian Smiseth Sejersted and the rest of the alpinists has been canceled. This is due to the weather situation in Yanging, the jury reports.
Discovery’s Tom Stiansen does not agree with the jury’s decision
– That jury decision is as unfair as it gets
– This is the Olympics’ first major scandal, Stiansen says Eurosport.
There was talk of strong gusts of wind at the top of the hill.
Kilde was one of three who got to drive, and drove in to a superb lead time of 2.85 seconds ahead of the Austrian Mathias Meyer. The last to drive was Italian Christof Innerhof.
Kjetil Jansrud did not get to try himself one last time on the slopes in Yanging. Adrian Smiseth Sejersted did not get it either.
– I have a lot to change, and needed this day here, so it’s very difficult for me, but that’s how it is, Jansrud says to NRK.
The downhill competition and the battle for precious metal starts at 4 o’clock on Sunday night. Kilde now has a good feeling after the last training.
– I feel that I have control, and there is nothing special to change. It’s just to ski well and ride as best I can, says the 29-year-old.
Jansrud is extra excited ahead of tomorrow.
– I have a conflict in my head now. With so little skiing and more or less being away for an entire season, there is very little chance that you will achieve anything.
– At the same time, I know that anything is possible. There’s a bit of the conflict that is in my head all the way. Then it will be a job tomorrow and make sure that everything is possible the part takes precedence, says Jansrud.