Wednesday, May 18

Stiansen after canceled training: – The Olympics’ first major scandal

Gold favorite Aleksander Aamodt Kilde (29) was one of only three runners who got to run the last downhill training. Discovery expert Tom Stiansen thinks it will create trouble.

UNFAIR: Tom Stiansen believes the cancellation of

Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as an Aftenposten reader, you also get articles and services created by VG.

Strong winds meant that Saturday’s downhill training – the last before Sunday’s race – was canceled after the first three runners had been downhill.

Then Aleksander Aamodt Kilde, with start number 3, had just run down to the best time in the three training rounds that have been run on the slopes.

The reason for the cancellation was the wind conditions.

Get the latest news in our Olympic studio.

– It was not a stable wind. It got started. That made it dangerous, especially on the jumps. It was better to stop it, says Kilde to Swiss SRF after training.

The TV images from the top showed several desperate athletes in discussions after the cancellation, including the Swiss World Cup leader Marco Odermatt who spoke with compatriot Niels Hintermann, French Johan Clarey and Austrian Max Frans about the possibility of running the training session from further down the hill.

– Everything is better than nothing, says Odermatt, before Clarey went to take the proposal to his coach.

GET DOWN: Aleksander Aamodt Kilde was the fastest of the three who got to run Saturday’s training.

In addition to Kilde, Christof Innerhofer (Italy) and Matthias Mayer (Austria) also did Saturday’s training.

Discovery expert Tom Stiansen now predicts that there will be trouble at the team leader meeting later Saturday.

– That jury decision is as unfair as it gets, Stiansen says Eurosport.

– This is the Olympics’ first major scandal, Stiansen states.

The 51-year-old has himself participated in two Olympics, and made his Olympic debut in the downhill in Albertville in 1992.

Stars such as Beat Feuz, Marco Odermatt and Dominik Paris were among the many who were not allowed to drive, and the same was the situation for the other two Norwegian athletes, Kjetil Jansrud and Adrian Smiseth Sejersted.

– I have a lot to change, and needed this day here, so it’s very difficult for me, but that’s how it is, Jansrud says to NRK.

Sunday’s downhill starts at 04.00 and is broadcast on TV Norway. Better weather conditions have been reported for Sunday’s race.

Reference-www.aftenposten.no

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.