Wednesday, May 18

Johannes Høsflot Klæbo is back in Norway – arranged private flights

SEISER ALM (VG) Johannes Høsflot Klæbo (25) has traveled back to Norway alone after the contagion euro in the cross-country squad. His main sponsor has been responsible for this.

THURSDAY: Here is Johannes Høsflot Klæbo on a run in Italy on Thursday. Friday night he has returned to Norway.

Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as an Aftenposten reader, you also get articles and services created by VG.

– It was a good feeling to get an answer that the test was negative on Thursday afternoon. Now I will continue to do everything to avoid infection in the days and weeks ahead. It is too early to take this lightly. The infection control will have the highest priority with me also in the time ahead, says Klæbo in a press release.

National team doctor Ove Feragen tells VG that none of the cross-country skiers’ PCR tests in Italy were positive on Friday.

The private flight to Klæbo went from Verona in Italy to Gardermoen this afternoon, made possible by his private sponsor Uno-X.

– We raised our hand and said that if there is something we can contribute, then we are ready for it. Norway needs all the heroes that are in place in China, and if we can contribute with that, then that’s fine. We have run a cycling team for two years with a pandemic and know how difficult it is. And the Olympics are only every four years, says Jens Haugland, general manager of Uno-X to VG.

The plan is for Klæbo to travel to the Olympics in Beijing with the Olympics’ flight on Monday. The first exercise for Trøndelag is February 6, 30 km with ski change.

The rest of the Olympic squad is left in Seiser Alm. For the time being, the gentlemen’s plan is to fly to Oslo on January 30 and to Beijing the next day, with the same flight as Klæbo. The women are set to fly from Zurich to Beijing on February 1.

It was recommended by national team doctor Øystein Andersen and coach Eirik Myhr Nossum that no more people were on the plane to Klæbo.

– It would have been nice if more runners had joined the flight, but the national team management only recommended one runner in the small plane. The other men’s runners will get home safely tomorrow. It would have been best if we could all have traveled home at the same time in a larger plane, but that was not possible, says manager and father Haakon Klæbo.

The Olympic hopes in cross-country skiing have recently been affected by corona infection. Sprint coach Arild Monsen tested positive on his return from Seiser Alm on Monday. On Wednesday, runners Heidi Weng and Anne Kjersti Kalvå tested positive in Italy, while Simen Hegstad Krüger suffered the same fate yesterday.

– I am glad that I have tested negative so far – but I think it is sad that we have positive test results in the Norwegian national team. I really feel with Simen, Anne Kjersti and Heidi who have tested positive. Very boring and sad, says Klæbo.

He says the last few days have been turbulent, but that they have done everything to stay infection-free.

– There is no shortage of excitement and risk in everyday life now. At the same time, it is too early to believe that the danger is over. Tests must be taken every day – and you just have to cross your fingers that the tests go well in the days ahead. We have no guarantees that this will go well, but we do our best in infection control, says Klæbo.

Klæbo was on Thursday jogging in Italy and skiing on Friday.

Reference-www.aftenposten.no

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.