On Monday, the 17-year-old from Bærum came out of his third round with corona and isolation.
– When the test was positive, it was almost difficult to believe, says Iben Marie Ekorness to TV 2.
It was Budstikka as first mentioned the slightly unfortunate 17-year-old.
– It should not be possible ?! she says and laughs.
– But first and foremost I am glad that it has gone so well! Even though I was pretty sick last round, it could have been a lot worse.
Only 17 cases
Ekorness is among a few Norwegians who have been diagnosed with corona three times.
According to FHI’s weekly report from week 2 During the pandemic, only 17 possible cases of patients with triple infection were detected.
Director of FHI, Frode Forland, says that it is possible to be infected by both the alpha, delta and omikron variants.
– Then one hopes that there will be a milder disease each time, because in such a situation one will build immunity with the other variants one has had, says Forland.
The first time the 17-year-old was infected was in February 2021, before she was infected again in September.
– The very first time I lost both sense of taste and smell, but did not get very sick. The second time I had no symptoms at all, but tested positive on a quick test at school as the first to positive PCR test, she explains.
TV 2 has seen all of Ekorness’ three positive test results, published by Helsenorge.
– But lately I actually got quite sick. Fever dreams and pain throughout the body. I’m glad I’m done with it, says the 17-year-old.
– Hopefully, then! Nothing can really surprise me anymore.
She has not been vaccinated, as she has barely had time between coronary heart disease. After a positive test, you have to wait at least three months before putting the vaccine.
– But I definitely need to be vaccinated! Not only for my own part, but also to protect others, says Ekorness.
Researchers and doctors consider the infected well protected after a completed illness, but Ekorness is still stunned by its own bad luck.
– During the pandemic, I have lived like all other 17-year-olds, followed the restrictions, kept the meter and used face masks. I’m just a little impressed? It has been a very strange experience, she says.
Those around her have also reacted with astonishment.
– It went surprisingly well to be in isolation for the third time. But of course it is a bit demanding when no one else in the family tests positive. It’s a bit of a logistics, says Ekorness.
May have been in Norway already in 2019
She has mostly had to sit in the basement living room, with mom, dad and two brothers at a good distance upstairs.
– You are a kind of Norwegian champion in isolation, do you have any tips for others who will probably go through this?
– The first time I rounded 7 seasons of a series! So my best tip is to find something you like to fill your time with. And then I can recommend digital monopoly!