Wednesday, January 19

Trump’s media platform will probably be launched in February

It appears from a list in Apple’s app store. The 75-year-old former president is permanently banned from Twitter, the platform he preferred to communicate via both before he became president and during his time in the White House.

He is also banned from Facebook and YouTube after the storming of Congress on January 6 last year, when a horde of his supporters entered the Congress building in an attempt to stop the approval of Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential election.

Trump had then for months erroneously claimed that there was extensive election fraud in connection with the election, and that Biden’s victory was illegitimate. In the year that has passed since then, he has continued with the allegations. Many Republican party colleagues have followed suit, and a large proportion of the party’s voters today believe that “the election was stolen” from Trump.

Trump says that “Truth Social” will be an alternative to the platforms of the big technology companies, which he says is acting biased against him and other conservative voices.

The platform will join a selection of social media aimed at conservative Americans and people on the radical right in the United States. Gettr was launched in early July by one of Trump’s former advisers, but it is Parler and Gab who are currently the most popular among the 75-year-old’s supporters.

(©NTB)

Reference-www.tv2.no

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *