A boy is seriously injured after a fall accident at a secondary school in Stord.
The emergency services are at a secondary school in Stord in Western Norway after a boy is said to have fallen through or down from a roof.
– The fall accident appears to be serious, they write on Twitter.
The accident is said to have happened from a roof on a new building in connection with the upper secondary school.
The next of kin have been notified.
Operations Manager Victor Fenne-Jensen tells VG that it is a young person who has fallen and that the accident did not occur in connection with work.
– It probably happened in connection with play on site.
The boy must have fallen several meters, he says.
– This youth has been on the roof of a new building adjacent to the school.
– What is the status of the person?
– It is unclear. Ambulance and health personnel work with lifesaving first aid on site.
He also states that several young people were present during the incident, but that it is currently unclear whether there have been any direct witnesses to the fall.
– We are in the process of questioning people who were present.
The police were notified of the accident from the VET center at 20.18. According to the police, people who were already on the scene were quickly on first aid before the emergency services arrived.