Over the New Year, the sixth season of Farmen kjendis will start, something the happy Hordaland native Heine Totland (51) is really looking forward to.
– It will be very exciting, and certainly special to be drawn back to the experience, he says when TV 2 calls him.
This spring, he and eleven other celebrities went 100 years back in time, to Bøensætre farm in Aremark municipality.
But for Totland, it was mixed feelings to leave his life indefinitely.
See the first pictures from Farmen celebrity in the video at the top of the case.
Involved in the reality decision
When TV 2 called the celebrities shortly before they entered the farm in May, Totland said that he found it difficult to leave one person in particular.
– I think it is very difficult to be away from the youngest man. He has been adopted, and we have a very close relationship, Totland said at the time.
According to Totland, his son Jonah (12) was very involved in the decision that the father should join the Farm celebrity.
On the way to his last concert before Christmas, TV 2 Totland calls. He has had to cancel several concerts due to the new corona measures that have been introduced. But should we believe Totland, he does not put his legs high, and relax in front of the TV for that reason.
– We are a circus of a family – a colorful and traveling gang, he smiles.
He values family life highly.
24 years ago, he and his artist wife Silje Nergaard (55) had their eldest daughter Erle. Becoming a family of three became for Totland what he describes as a state of emergency.
Since then, the family has grown to five – and according to Totland, the state of emergency has persisted.
– They have two musician parents, and no one has a full overview of what we do or where we are, he laughs.
Together, Nergaard and Totland have children Erle (24), Karla (18) and Jonah (12). But that the family should be five was not a matter of course.
For a period, Totland and Nergaard traveled a lot in Africa. When they were in Kenya, they made the decision to adopt the youngest man.
– The process was a bit special. We were in Africa a lot, and traveled around for work and vacation. At the orphanages we had so many smiling, wonderful children. Who had no parents. It gave a strong impression, he says.
Without thinking so much about decided to start an adoption process.
– We did not really think much, but we had space and heart room. It never came to pass, so we just did it.
in 2012, five years after they had submitted their application, the phone rang.
– “Hey, are you calling now ?!”, I said. “Yes, you have to check your email,” they replied.
In the mail inbox was a picture of Jonah, two and a half years old.
Shortly afterwards, Totland and Nergaard, along with their daughters, boarded a plane to Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, to pick up their son.
– It was very special. There were only five children in the orphanage, because it was to be closed. Jonah and her best friend Ruth, as well as three babies, Totland says.
In the window stood Jonah and Ruth, who were both very ready to meet their new families.
– It was incredibly special.
As a three-year-old, Jonah came to Norway. Since then, he and Totland have developed a close relationship.
– There is a very strong and special bond between us. I am the first male person in his life, Totland says.
What has led to the close bond is difficult to answer specifically for Totland, but he thinks it stems from his home place in Bømlo.
– It has to do with family members. I grew up on a farm in Bømlo, and am a noble boy. It has a long history, and during the pandemic, I realized that: “Damn, we can not stop here.” I have to pass it on to him in a proper way. I get supergira when he’s interested. So we have become very bumbling together, he chuckles.
When Totland and Nergaard decided to adopt Jonah, it was not because they felt something was missing in their lives. On the contrary.
– Before we got Jonah, I have never missed anything other than my girls. But of course I got a special relationship with him. He is wonderful to have our lives. And he is my son in every possible way.
Because even though the genetics are somewhat different between Totland and Jonah, he still glimpses some similarities.
– We are both very outgoing, and quite similar in personality. I think I met my social boss in Jonah, he smiles.
Almost every year, Totland has received an offer to join Farmen celebrity, but has declined due to work. When he received the request to join this season, the pandemic ravaged the country. This led to fewer bookings for the popular artist, and thus he saw his average to say yes.
Still, he had to consult with his son.
– I had to get some advice from him, because I was very reluctant to be away from the family, and especially him. When I asked him if this would work, he said: “Yes, but we will miss each other very much. But I think you should do it. Just jump in it ».
Totland has not regretted it for a second. He is terribly excited about what it will be like to see the experience on the TV screen in the new year, but first and foremost he takes a well-deserved Christmas holiday with the family.
And first stop: Totland farm in Bømlo with Jonah.
– We will hang there a few days in advance, so it will be a luxury.
The farm celebrity premieres on TV 2 and TV 2 Play Tuesday, January 11th.
Also bring your Torpet celebrity from 11 January on TV 2 Play when you want.