Northvolt’s battery factory in Skellefteå. Stock Photography.
On Saturday morning, the rescue service in Västerås was alerted to Northvolt’s factory in Västerås where a fire broke out in a number of batteries.
The rescue service first thought that the fire was caused by an explosion, but later stated that it was a so-called thermal rush.
Fredrik Eriksson, rescue leader at the rescue service in Västerås, however, sees no general fire risk in Swedish battery factories – as long as you follow safety routines.