Kate Winslet (46) and Leonardo DiCaprio (47) had not seen each other in almost three years when they met in Los Angeles recently.
– I could not stop crying, Kate Winslet tells the British The Guardian.
The film star tells how the corona pandemic has led to her and DiCaprio not seeing each other for a long time.
– I have known him for half my life, she says about the colleague and friend she first played against in the 1997 film «Titanic».
– It has not been the case that I have been in New York and he in London, and we have had some opportunities to have a coffee or go out to dinner. We have not been allowed to leave our countries. Like so many other friendships around the world, we have missed each other because of covid, says Winslet.
English-born Winslet had her base in the United States for a long time, but a few years ago she moved back to England. On what occasion the two met now, she does not say anything about.
Winslet says she still considers DiCaprio a close friend.
– In really close friend. We have a bond for life, she says.
– Did you know that Leo has turned 47 years old? Winslet asks the reporter and reminisces back to when she had her 21st birthday and he his 22nd birthday during the filming of “Titanic”.
Since then, the two played against each other in “Revolutionary Road” in 2008, then in the role of married couple in crisis.
The careers have only gone one way for both of them after «Titanic. Both Winslet and DiCaprio are among the world’s most famous and sought after Hollywood stars.
Both have been nominated for Oscars a number of times, and both have won their respective trophies – in addition to a number of other prestigious awards.
These days, Winslet has success in the TV series “Mare Of Easttown”. DiCaprio, for his part, is reportedly relevant for the lead role in an upcoming film about sect leader Jim Jones, the mastermind behind the Jonestown massacre in 1978, in which over 900 people died.
On the movie site IMDb.com both Winslet and DiCaprio are also listed with a number of new projects on each side.