Friday, January 21

Claims Newcastle will use “spinnville” sums: – The future is bright

Watch the Newcastle special after the club got new owners at the top!

It created frustration and irritation when a consortium led by the Saudi state’s investment fund Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) approved its acquisition of Newcastle in early October. At the time of writing, the fund has $ 500 billion on the books, but critics said the club was bought with “blood money”.

READ: Fans want Erling Braut Haaland

So far, however, spending in Newcastle has not been as loose as many might have thought. This may change when the transition window opens in January.

Acknowledged The Athletic writes that Newcastle are ready to spend “a wild sum” on securing Inter and Croatia midfield star Marcelo Brozovic. In addition, the now influential club from St. James Park will scare away competition from AC Milan by placing a mega bid on Portugal’s and Lille’s coveted profile Renato Sanches.

Think it’s time

Anders Limmesand, communications manager at Toon Army Norway, has great faith that Newcastle will spend large sums on strengthening the squad as soon as the transfer window opens in January.

OPTIMIST: Anders Limmesand, communications manager at Toon Army Norway Photo: PRIVATE

OPTIMIST: Anders Limmesand, communications manager at Toon Army Norway Photo: PRIVATE

– Absolutely. In terms of spending money, Newcastle can spend £ 200 million without being stopped by the Financial Fair Play rules. It has nothing to say, because Mike Ashley ran the club on a low budget for 14 years, he points out.

However, he does not expect Newcastle to pick up the biggest stars in world football right away.

– The fans get a lot thin for people, we say expect Mbappé and Erling Braut Haaland. We do not. But players like Marcelo Brozovic and Renato Sanches, they are very exciting players for us, Limmesand points out.

The Newcastle supporter hopes and believes it will not just stop with the two.

– I hope for James Tarkowski and Kieran John Trippier. Then we may need another stopper and a striker, in addition to the mentioned Sanches and Brozovic, he thinks.

Although Newcastle have powerful owners behind them, the club has so far not succeeded in climbing the table and is in the bottom of the Premier League.

– The future is bright

Anders Limmesand fears relegation.

ON THE WISH LIST: Renato Sanches is wanted by Newcastle.  Photo: Rebecca Naden

ON THE WISH LIST: Renato Sanches is wanted by Newcastle. Photo: Rebecca Naden

– The owners have not been able to spend money on players so far because the transfer window is closed. I fear there is a real danger that we may relegate. At the same time, we have a good manager now. But if we were to relegate, then we have the owners in the background, so it is not completely black if we, against all odds, should not relocate. Because I think the future now looks very bright, says the Toon Army spokesman.

Within five years, he believes Newcastle is a top team in the Premier League. But right now the focus is on that Tuesday’s showdown against Norwich.

– That match we must win. And we have to win this weekend, Limmestad thinks.

– The man in the street quickly forgets

The criticism hailed after PIF approved its acquisition of Newcastle. Now the criticism has subsided. Limmesand really thinks it’s a bit of a shame.

– That’s a bit of a problem. Things flared up a lot when the purchase was approved, and the fans got thin because they did not give more criticism. It’s the same thing with Qatar, which is getting a lot of pes now. Unfortunately, people forget it shortly afterwards. Then there is Amnesty, and such organizations, again, which care all the time. Unfortunately, it passes quickly for the ordinary man in the street, he says.

Reference-www.tv2.no

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *