The owner had to watch helplessly as the dog stood and whimpered. Then the fire brigade came from Namsos.
Sandra Gausen and the short-haired dachshund Frank had been on a hare hunt since this morning when the dog probably got the hang of something. Maybe a deer, because suddenly Frank had run a long way.
And then the GPS stood for a long time in the same place, on Follavatnet by Malm in Trøndelag. The owner suspected that he had got stuck and went to look.
She found him on a ledge.
– It was steep on all sides around him. It was 15-20 meters straight down, Gausen estimates to VG.
It was dark, steep and slippery – and not least a desperate situation for the owner.
– I did not get down to him. Then he stood there whining, and I could not help him, says Gausen.
It was Adresseavisen who first mentioned the rescue operation. For the Fire Brigade from Namsos moved out at 4 pm on Saturday.
– There were four who came. Three went up with rappelling equipment, secured themselves and got him up. It went very well, the whole rescue operation, says the owner.
– Was it a happy reunion?
– Yes very. We were very happy, both dog and owner. He was soft and cold and really appreciated getting in, says Gausen.
Namsos Fire and Rescue has shared a picture of the action on Facebook.
– We practice rope rescue regularly, and it is good to see that this competence is useful, so that this incident had a good outcome, they write.