(Watford – Manchester United 4-1) The pressure is enormous against Ole Gunnar Solskjær (48) and Manchester United after the big loss for Watford.
Reactions are pouring in after Manchester United lost for the fifth time in the last seven Premier League matches. After 12 games, the distance up to league leader Chelsea is 12 points.
– There is not much to say. It was embarrassing to see Manchester United play like we did today. That’s not acceptable – the way we played and did things. It’s easy to blame the manager or the coaching staff, but sometimes it’s the players. We have to show much more than we do, said Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea according to BBC after the giant bang.
– It has been very bad for a long time, a club like Manchester United will fight for trophies and big things. To be honest, we are far from it, De Gea added.
The article is updated.
New Solskjær failure: This is no longer possible!
– It is almost inconceivable if Solskjær keeps the job after a new humiliation. There is a group of players who obviously do not have the faith. It is dark for Solskjær, said TV2 commentator Alsaker from the inner court at Anfield before he was to comment on the evening match between Liverpool and Arsenal.
Also read: King scored in another nightmare for Solskjær and Manchester United
– The problems are getting bigger and bigger, the pressure is getting bigger and bigger. The only thing that applies to Solskjær now is to win matches. He’s getting tough in Spain now, TV 2 expert Nils Johan Semb added and is thinking about Tuesday’s Champions League meeting away against Villarreal.
– Watford is a bottom team in the Premier League. When they go on such an ugly bang after the previous bangs, then there must be meeting activity in a club as large as Manchester United, Alsaker added.